Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sweet Angel Linh


I have been working on this post for days now. There just doesn't seem to be adequate words to honor the life of our precious angel, Linh. As the days pass by, the pain doesn't fade. She was so much more than a picture to us. She was, and is, our daughter. We love her and she will always be a part of our family.

It has been four weeks since she made her journey into Jesus' arms, and although we are devistated by the loss, we have peace knowing she is in heaven and that we have the promise of seeing her someday.

Things are moving along again. Many families have received referrals in the past few weeks, and after speaking with our agency, we know a referral is in the near future for us too. It is such a combination of so many emotions when I think about accepting a new referral. No baby will ever replace Linh. When we received her pictures, we instantly knew she was our baby. Now I get lost in thought, wondering if we will feel the same way when we see pictures of our referral. I'm sure we will, but it's hard to imagine that when we loved Linh so very much and our hearts ache to have held her in our arms. We know that God had a plan for her short life and we know that God has a plan for us and for the baby He has chosen to make the journey from an orphanage on the other side of the world, into our hearts, our arms, and our home. Please pray for our journey as we continue on.
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

please know you are in my thoughts.

The Pence family said...

I am definietly praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry for the pain you have been enduring. This is such an unsettled time with Vietnam adoption, and to have to deal with the loss of your baby that way, is so unbelievable. I will be praying for you every day.

Julie said...

What a beautiful little angel. I know Linh will always hold a special place in your hearts and your family. I admire your strength during this difficult time.

James and Melissa said...

You all are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

stollmyheart said...

YOu are certainly in our prayers! We all loved and miss Linh very much. I can't wait to see where this journey leads you. It will be great, I know it!

Leigh said...

It breaks my heart that this happened to you and your family. Even though your next referral will never replace Linh, she will be hand picked by God and you will love her instantly.

Susan A. said...

I am so sad for you and Linh. She is such a sweet little angel and will always be loved by you and your family.
I am confident you will also love your new referral because you have opened your heart to these babies who all need a forever home

The Hines Family said...

I know how hard it is to put your child in the arms of Jesus. Not a day or an hour goes by that I don't think about Zeke and miss him. Through the pain my joy comes in knowing that because of our Savior, we will get to hold our little ones when we get to heaven. It makes me smile to think of Linh and Zeke playing together up in heaven. We will rejoice with you when you get your new referral and for us there has been a combination of emotions too. God picked a special family to love and pray for your little girl if even for such a short time. We're still praying for you guys--especially that you'll hear some good news soon. :-)

Kelli said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen said...

Now your beautiful little Linh is looking down on you. She was clearly loved during her time on Earth. I hope it provides some comfort to you knowing she was in your hearts clear across the sea, and always will be.

Karen H.

Jess and Paul said...

I think about you and your family often and we will keep you in our prayers. I am glad you decided to post about this...I have been wondering how you were doing.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little angel. How amazing that a little one can touch so many. You and your family will be in our thoughts. May you find peace soon.

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful angel! She even has wings in the picture! I am so sorry you guys have had to go through this. Losing a baby is hard even when you've never met them. I know you're pain. Our babies are together in heaven watching over us. We will see them someday! God bless you guys! Love ya.

Jennifer said...

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

sue and gary said...

She truly looks like an angel! I can't imagine what you are going through.

Steve & Lynn said...

Please know that you and your family are in our hearts and prayers.