Monday, April 7, 2008

HOPE Defined


Hope Defined: To believe or trust. I looked up the word "HOPE" in the dictionary today. There were several meanings listed, but the one that was most meaningful to me was "To believe or trust." When we began our adoption journey over a year ago, things were going smoothly and quickly. Never did I imagine that we would still be waiting to see her face. As I continued to read through the meanings of "HOPE," I paused at the last one. It stated: hope against hope - to continue to hope and believe although the outlook may not warrant it. Back on January 25th, when we saw Linh's picture for the first time, our journey came to life! We were filled with hope. We believed. We trusted. It is so very painful to accept that Linh will never come home with us as she has made her way home to our Father in heaven. But we haven't lost hope. I guess you could just say that now we "hope against hope."

7 comments:

stollmyheart said...

keep hoping girl, keep hoping. she's out there!

Julie said...

Beautiful!!

RPF said...

Keep hoping, we will keep hoping and praying for you.

God Bless,
Richard, Kristi & Lilli Foster
http://katelinskrossing.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Well said!
I will keep hoping and praying for good news for everyone.....

Susan A. said...

"each day brings new hope" :-)
JourneyOnAngelsWings.blogspot.com

Upstatemamma said...

Hoping right along side you. It will happen, hopefully soon. :)

heatherandseth said...

I love that you have hope. I'm right there with you! One moment at a time. Stay strong.