Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finding Joy in the Little Things

I am here to tell you, the WAIT, WAIT & WAIT SOME MORE" is NOT easy. I struggle everday to let ten minutes go by without an adoption thought crossing my mind. BUT, now that I can rest assured with our new agency, I am learning to find joy in the little things. I received the first square for Samantha's quilt in the mail this week from the Frank family (http://www.blessingsfromvietnam.com/) along with a beautiful prayer for Samantha. What a blessing it is to have met such wonderful and supportive people on this amazing journey to our daughter. I also received my Amazon book order this week. Cherie's book "After Sorrw Comes Joy" is amazing! My nose has been in this book every spare minute I have. EVERYONE should read this book. FALL! My favorite season. I got out my fall decorations and the house smells of pumpkin spice and it is looking like harvest time! Although we have mostly summer weather here in Texas, I am thankful to experience a little bit of fall, winter & spring. The summer heat brings lots of fun activities, but the fall & winter bring me so much joy! Lastly, I had to make a quick run to Super Target after church last night for ziplock bags and a loaf of bread. Some how I ended up in the baby section (imagine that!!!) and found the neatest thing (see picture above)! After speaking with several people who have adopted internationally, the #1 reccommended toy to take for playtime at the hotel is beach balls and other inflatable toys. Of course I had already purchased a cute little girlie beach ball as soon as the pool toys hit the Toys R Us shelves, but to my delight, I came across the Safari Roller by infantino. It is an inflatable toy that has a jingling ball inside, and when you roll it, it rolls back to you, promoting movement and crawling. Are you excited yet??? I am (incase you couldn't tell, it doesn't take much to excite me when I'm baby shopping!) What's great about inflatable toys is that they pack great. Everyone keeps saying "PACK LIGHT" and that will be hard for me as my packing list is already pages long and we're not even close to travel time yet, but every day we are one day closer!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I just found you. Thanks for sending me your blog for journey to Samantha Grace. I am looking forward to reading and following your journey to your little baby girl!

Anonymous said...

I bought the safari roller for my son who is now seven mo. old and he just loves it. The bright colors and the way it rolls back to him make it a great toy to play with. I found your blog through my sister in law and I love following your journey. God bless you and your family! Melissa

Jo said...

That does look like fun. Also take stacking cups, kids seem to love them.

stollmyheart said...

Cool toy! I want one too.

Anonymous said...

I get excited just reading about your excitement! Just think, one of these days all the waiting will be over. And you'll have your little Samantha with you forever.

Julie said...

What a cute toy, and it sounds like it would be great for travel too! I'll have to check it out.

Sue said...

Very cute! I will definately have to look for it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Sorry it has taken me so long to swing by and comment...It's so nice to hear from a fellow Texan in the process of adopting from Vietnam. We live just north of Austin, but we're in the DFW area quite often!

PS. I LOVE fall too!

Leigh said...

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your kind and encouraging words you have written on my blog. They mean more than I can say!