Monday, January 7, 2008

4 Months Today (17 1/2 Weeks) - Counting It All!!!


So, now I'm counting weeks AND months! Sometimes it seems as though time is flying by. Other days (like today) it seems we have been in this adoption process forever. Today marks exactly 4 months since our dossier went to Vietnam on September 7th. I really thought we would have our referral by now and be planning our trip to bring Samantha home. When we switched agencies, most families were getting their referrals around the 3 month mark. But in the world of international adoption, there are always bumps and curves in the road. We are hopeful that we will hear news soon, but it does seem that "soon" in my book and "soon" in the world of adoption hold two totally different meanings! We're hanging in there (retail therapy works wonders, but you'll have to wait til the 18 week post for the latest outfit as I don't think Charley would appreciate me commemorating any more milestones in that way!)

5 comments:

Anne said...

You are getting so close...I can feel it! I am seriously holding my breath for this next batch of referrals to come in. I think it will give us all the boost that we need to hang on. But I hope you're wait is almost over!!!

Jen said...

Hope it comes soon!

Julie and Dean said...

Hi Heather. My husband and I are a fellow PLAN Family. 2008 is going to bring wonderful things, one of which will be bringing your beautiful girl home. We will pray for your family that your referral comes in soon.
our journey is at www.thedeziels.blogspot.com if you are interested in following.
I will be following your journey! Stay Positive!!! :) - JMD

Kristin said...

Hope you hear something soon!

Thanks for the comments on our referall...I'll try to get an email out to you today!

Leigh and Anthony said...

Hi Heather! We are feeling the same way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we both get good news very soon.