Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Long Boat Key Island Beach, Florida


We spent a wonderful weekend on Long Boat Key Island Beach in Florida with our two boys! It was a great little gettaway (but could have been a few days longer!) We stayed at a beautiful Hilton resort. The boys loved every minute of the sandy beach and the pool & hot tub. It was their first time to fly and their first time to see the ocean.
As for me, I loved every minute of it! Two emotional moments - 1) I looked out across the ocean and thought of Samantha waiting for us in an orphanage and wished she could be with her family now. 2) Walking off the plane and watching families greet loved ones, I couldn't keep from longing for the day that we are stepping off the plane with Samantha, greeting her siblings, grandparents & friends. That day cannot come soon enough!
To see more pics of our gettaway, visit our family blog @ www.fieldbunch.blogspot.com

2 comments:

stollmyheart said...

Sure looks fun! I wish I was there! The boys are so cute.

sue and gary said...

I hope you get news of your referral soon! I know it's hard.

Sue