Thursday, August 23, 2007

A New Chapter...


Well, as I've said before, I don't want to harp on the negative details of what's been going on, but long story short, our agency was not being truthful and things were not going well for all involved. Late last night we made the decision to part ways with our agency and switch to a larger, more reputable agency called PLAN (Plan Loving Adoptions Now). So, today starts a new chapter in our adoption journey. Samantha, we know you're out there....we're coming! Although we are a little frustrated to have to make this change so far into the process, better now than later as things were headed downhill quickly. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of supportive friends that are right here with us in this adoption journey and I will be forever greatful of all your support (you know who you are!) We feel very confident with PLAN as they have an awesome reputation with ALL of their clients. To Jenna, Cheryl & Julie, I am praying for you all and I just know everything is going to work out for the better. Hang in there!

13 comments:

sue and gary said...

Heather,
I think you made the right decision in the long run!

Sue

Julie said...

Don't you feel good now? I can't stop smiling. What a day!!

mam said...

Well, congratulations on a decision that I know was so hard to make -- I'm glad you feel good and know that your little one is out there for you.

Unknown said...

Even though it sets you back, you followed your instincts and did the right thing. This will save you from (more) stress and heartache in the long run. Wishing you the best of luck with your new agency- I look forward to seeing how it goes!

btw: If you really are interested in one of those bracelets, let me know. The artist is very sweet.

Mrs.B said...

What a struggle you all have been through.It sounds like you are at peace with your decision and ready to move forward. I have heard good things about plan, they were actually one of two agencies we were considering. Best wishes to you and your family.

K said...

I'm sorry that you had to leave, I hope you have a better experience with PLAN.

I love scrapbooking too! I used to be a CM consultant, but I got tired of it.

Shannon said...

I know that must have been a hard decision, but just remember to keep looking forward, not back. Stay strong. You will have that little girl in your arms in exactly the right time.

Very Best,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Smart move! You will be much happier with PLAN.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R&H said...

Good luck! I know that these types of decisions are so hard to make, but I believe everything will work out really well for you and the others who made the switch.
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Sue said...

May this decision bring you to your little one very soon!

Jess and Paul said...

You won't be sorry you made the switch. Working with PLAN has been a wonderful experience for us and I am sure it will be the same for you!

Anonymous said...

HI, I was just checking out your blog. My name's Melissa and my Brother John and his wife Jillian recently adopted Savannah from Vietnam. I noticed your blog from theirs and I wanted to say that I think you'll be very happy with PLAN! I work right across the street from their office and they are amazing people and they do a great job. Wish you all the Best:)